Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Looking for love in all the wrong places

I've been looking for a daily driver Caddy for several weeks now. Ain't been having much luck with the usual places. Places like Craigslist, Ebay, and others on the web haven't been fertile hunting grounds. The town I live is not much better. But maybe I just need to be patient and give it some time. The search for a new ride continues.

Craigslist has a lot of promise for the Caddy search, but you have to keep an eye out all the time. I have seen a couple of decent deals just last a few hours or maybe a day at most. I have used www.searchtempest.com and gone out as far as 500 miles from my hometown and not found anything that really excites me. It is either too far away or too much of a project or too expensive. If you are into the 50s or early 60s models there are some decent deals out there.

Ebay is much the same. It used to be better, I found my old 74 there several years ago. But nothing close to me is exactly right. There are some really cool Cadillac cars, but they are just not what I am looking for.

I have also tried to find my new Caddy via a Google image search for a specific year. I do this for several different years. Some of the images will link back to classified sites. While I like looking, I don't feel like going a 1000 miles for a daily driver. Maybe I just need to be less picky or more patient.

This town is not a hotbed of cool Cadillacs. I know of two that might be for sale here. One is a 1971 Eldorado convertible. It has been setting for a few years and it is a convertible, neither of which makes for a great daily driver. But I do like it as a project car. The other potential is a 1975 sedan. I really would prefer a coupe or something a little older, yet it looks pretty solid.

I wish it were easier. It would be nice if I had found a 1968 or say a 1972 Coupe DeVille under my Christmas tree. However, the good things in life take time. Some take more time than others. But if you are going to go after a dream, you don't settle. At least not if you want to truly be alive. I know the right car is out there and I am going to find it.

No comments:

Post a Comment